Hey everyone! It’s September, which for most means BACK TO SCHOOL! Parents, calm down, we know you’re excited. However with B2S comes problems with clutter and messiness. I’m here to help you get everything from your car, to your locker, to your backpack organized! Let’s get started!
- Get a locker shelf to utilize ALL that room in your little locker!
- Magnets are your FRIENDS!
- DIY a cute locker organizer! Instructions HERE!
- Get a desk for doing homework on, and keep it clean and organized. Designate this desk for ONLY doing homework, and avoid distractions in that area.
- Get a dry erase calendar. They’re cheap at Walmart. Put any important tests, assignments, field trips, and parties on there. Assign each roommate their own color so you can make sure your plans never get in the way of each others!
- Schedule your day! Establish a routine. Schedule chores, homework time, and gym time!
- Create homey comfort in your dorm with a mini kitchen! A mini fridge, small microwave, and a coffee station make a temporary place feel like home!
- Lift your bed and store out of season clothes, spare notebooks, old books, etc. under your bed!
- Sharing a bathroom with a roommate or in the dorms? Organize all your shower stuff in a great shower caddy, like this one from Thirty One!
- Learn to organize your fridge from the start! This makes finding food, making food, and grocery shopping MUCH easier.
- Get a planner! And color code it! Seriously- a calendar, a paper planner, or even an app! Keep your homework and social life straight!
- Create a survival kit! Pikles and Bundles are on SALE (Promo Code: Back2School), so be sure to get one! Keep an office pack, pencils, ponytails, etc all in one place in your backpack!
- Get a pencil pouch so you don’t end up with pencils all over, but still end up using one at the end of the year because you managed to lose them all.
- Color code your notebooks and folders. Get 1 notebook for every class, and a matching folder. Color code them, so you immediately know which folder your homework goes in! Keep old homework assignments for reference!
- Highlighters are the bomb! Get a variety of colors and be consistent on what each color is for. Yellow is important formulas, green for vocabulary, etc!
- Screen Shot your schedule. That way when your walking around school/campus, you can just check your gallery to see your schedule. This is great so you don’t look like a new kid walking around with a paper schedule, you’re simply “checking your phone”.
- Keep loose change and spare cash in a gum container in your cup holder!
- Create a car emergency kit! Like I said earlier, Pikles and Bundles are on SALE!!
- Get a trash can for your car! Buy one or create one from a cereal container!
- DIY a cute car organizer! Instructions HERE!
Those are my quick tips for organization this school year! Now, lets get out and CRUSH THIS YEAR!!
What are some of your favorite organizational tips or products for school? Let me know in the comments below!